Financial Accountant - Qualified/Part Qualified - Manchester - Up to £40k + Excellent Benefits Package - Permanent
Search Accountancy are working on a exciting project to recruit for one of the world's leading Pharma/Life Science organisations. We are now looking for a qualified/part-qualified Financial Accountant to join the EMEA Shared Service Centre in Central Manchester.
Reporting to UK RTR Supervisor, the role involves assisting in the preparation of group reporting and accounts by working autonomously to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organisations financial records and transactions in an accurately and timely fashion.
The successful candidates will be studying towards a professional qualification, CIMA/ACCA and will have at least two years experience working within a finance environment, preferably within a Shared Service or International organisation. High proficiency in Excel is essential (to include v look ups and pivot tables) and good working knowledge of SAP. Candidates who have experience of knowledge transfers /migrations/projects, will be favourable.
Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Lead one of biggest entity monthly financial close.
- Provide technical accounting support through strong knowledge of IFRS.
- Ensure month end tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner. Examples include, but are not restricted to, accruals, prepayments, provisions, inventory revaluations and fixed asset responsibilities).
- Analyse month end processes and look for ways to streamline/improve the process. Once improvement opportunity has been identified, you will be required to take the lead on the improvement project, liaising with key internal stakeholders when required.
- Assist in the year-end and hard close process. This involves playing a key part in the budget setting process.
- Take ownership of assigned area. This involves reviewing financial statements, and providing detailed analysis when required. Escalate any discrepancies to key internal stakeholders
- Play a key role in both internal/external financial Audits. Ensure all financial entries have relevant bank up, and assist Auditors as required (provide financial information, provide support when required).
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed within the month, and manage reconciled items in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordination and performance of other operational transactions and reporting requested by management.
This award winning organisation is truly innovative in what they do and there are fantastic career opportunities available.
For further information, contact Vicky Howard @ Search on 0161 835 8619
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.