Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£25000 - £27000 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Officer - Accounts Payable Specialist // Trafford or mainly remote // Permanent // £25-27,000
Are you looking for a fantastic role in an organisation that offers unrivalled flexibility and truly values their employees?
We currently have an excellent opportunity for someone to join an organisation with a brilliant culture and working environment.
Reporting into the Team Leader, this role could be suitable for an ambitious and experienced Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger Assistant who feels really confident in their Accounts Payable knowledge and would like to now step up to a new challenge. You will be a go-to person, mentoring and supporting less experienced staff and helping to supervise and develop the small team. You may have some experience in a supervisory / advisory capacity already - or you may just feel ready to take that extra responsibility.
The role offers flexibility to work from home (with all IT and home office equipment provided) with the occasional visit to the office if required for training / meetings. There is also a bright and modern office available for hybrid working if preferred. Study support is also potentially provided for suitable candidates and guidance from CIMA/ACCA qualified colleagues.
· Support the team leader in ensuring the team is performing effectively by advising and supporting the assistants
· Ensuring timely and accurate invoice processing
· Checking and carrying out payments runs on schedule
· Checking and clearing credits
· Producing reports as required
· Dealing with escalated queries and building good relationships with suppliers
· Period and year end duties
· Training, advising and supporting the purchase ledger assistants along with the team leader
· Deputising for the team leader when needed
· Helping to improve systems and processes
· Solid knowledge and experience of the end-to-end accounts payable process
· Confident to be a 'go to' person for the team when queries or issues arise
· Analytical and able to create insightful reports
· Strong systems skills
· Well organised and able to work in a fast - paced environment, meeting deadlines
· Able to advise and coach others to develop their knowledge and skills
In return you will have flexibility to work from home or office, generous 25 days holiday allowance, 35 hr working week with some flex on working hours if you have family / other commitments, plus the support to develop yourself professionally including potential for study support.
Please send your cv in the first instance and shortlisted candidates will be contacted to discuss.