Finance Manager - Permanent - Chester - £40,000
Finance Manager required for one of our well established clients. The Finance Manager will report into the Finance Director and be responsible for the management accounts and also provide full support and management duties to a team of 3.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Financial Controller
- Managing a team of 3 including Purchase Ledger Clerk, Credit Control and Accounts Assistant
- Full line management responsibilities of the Finance Team including task allocation, managing workflow, overseeing payroll, monitoring the quality of work, performance management, training and development and dealing with any employee problems that arise.
- Preparing periodic financial reports, including monthly accounts, VAT returns, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements to streamline processes and taking the llead on implementation and roll out.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions and ensure compliance.
- Liaising with other function managers to put finances and accounts in context.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proficient in using accountancy software preferably Sage 50
- Experience of working in growing SME and managing staff
- Proven experience of implementing systems and procedures that have contributed to improved efficiencies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current financial regulations and legislation.
- The ideal candidate will be either a either Part Qualified / Qualified AAT, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, influence and inspire whilst promoting integrity and accountability at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff.
- Commercial awareness, with a keen interest in business, and an understanding of how an organisation works
- Adaptable and committed to continuous improvement.
The Company / Benefits:
- The company is going through a rapid period of growth
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Private medical/dental insurance
If you are interested in being considered or would like to know more about the role please click Apply Now with the latest copy of your CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.