6 month contract
The Finance Manager will support the CFO with Head Office transformation within the finance and workforce management function. The Finance Manager will be required to implement a number of projects including the enhancement and development of the finance and payroll system (SAGE Line50 and SAGE Payroll) and the automation of robust controls within the organisation to improve workforce management that can inform the budgetary requirements for FY20/21.
Duties & Responsibilities;
* Project management, including documentation of new process and training material
* Establish positive relationships and communicate effectively across the organisation through different training methods as new processes are deployed
* Liaising with key stakeholders at all levels, to understand business needs and gathering requirements throughout the projects.
* Review current finance processes, and set a path to a more effective, standardised approach across the board.
* Identify opportunities for elimination and automation of workload through lean transformation, advising and consulting on the design of any proposals
* To work on best practice for change across the organisation through the adoption of a naturally curious approach ensuring requirements are clearly understood and translated into impacts that allow the business to understand, plan and effectively manage the change
* The candidate will need to be hands on throughout implementation with a proactive attitude, guiding and partaking in the design, documentation, process mapping and roll out of processes.
* Manage the implementation of change through the agreement of project plans, and ensuring delivery of tasks on a timely and quality assured basis.
* Support the CFO with smaller technical projects including IR35 planning, technology refresh and data analysis and operational changes that require financial / technical input.
* Previous experience of working within finance operations (potentially supported by an accountancy qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA), but having moved into process improvement, system implementation and wider project work rather than remaining in a BAU position
* Experience of managing multiple head office process improvement projects; in particular system and report development projects. Experience of project design, progressing, and coordinating successful implementation of these projects with realisation of benefits
* Continuous improvement of practices/procedures.
* Strong relationship management skills to influence stakeholders and senior management
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong report writing and oral communication skills, with an eye for detail. Experience of developing business cases for project sign-off
* Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
* A pro-active approach with an ability to take ownership and develop and implement finance processes and policies
* Detail oriented and organized, ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic environment
* Ability to develop presentations and effectively present to all levels of company, external stakeholders & owners
* Strong communication and negotiation skills (all levels of management and external customers and suppliers)
* Knowledge of SAGE, Microsoft Query, ODBC and SQL queries for report building and analysis
* Strong MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills, experience building macros is preferred but not essential
* Preferred experience of Lean Six Sigma / Prince 2
* Experience of working in Primary Care / NHS but not essential
The Company / Benefits:
* The company is going through a rapid period of growth
* Competitive company holidays + bank holidays
* Private pension plan, medial, life and healthcare insurance
* Free car parking
If you are interested in being considered or would like to know more about the role please click Apply Now with the latest copy of your CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age