The post holder has responsibility for all aspects of the financial accounting team, compliance with accounting rules under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and UK GAAP, and assuring the effectiveness of internal controls over accounting and financial reporting.
- Manage the financial accounting team in areas of financial accounting (US GAAP, UK GAAP), treasury, tax, internal controls, process improvement, business partnering and support, government contract compliance, and financial control.
- Manage monthly close and year end audit
- Implement, maintain and strengthen control environment
- Co-ordinate the external audit, internal audits and participate in all regulatory audits.
- Preparation of UK GAAP statutory Accounts.
- Co-ordinate monthly / Qtly and annual monthly corporate reporting including analyzing the flux and functional spend analysis.
- Review and validate all balance sheet reconciliations undertaken by team.
- Partner with FP&A to support management reporting, forecasting and preparation of annual budget.
- Lead and develop team members, ensuring that goals are consistent with company management priorities.
- Ensure internal controls are in place to facilitate accurate, efficient and timely financial reporting.
- Identify non-routine accounting transactions and work with Site Controller & Corporate Accounting to determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Qualified Accountant
- UK GAAP experience and ideally US GAAP.
- Ideally Manufacturing organization experience, preferably with a multinational company
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be data and process driven. Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams
- Salary of up to £60,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank
- Free on site parking
- Range of company discounts