Leeds City Centre
About the business:
Our client is an international law firm based in Leeds city-centre. The firm has a number of practice areas and is widely recognised as market-leader in the markets it works within. Due to growth within the firm's finance team, we are seeking a Finance Manager to join the organisation.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager your work will play a critical part to the central Finance Team. Your duties will include:
* Delivering efficient and effective improvements to processes across all areas of finance
* Helping to drive a culture of ongoing process improvement within the team
* Leading the delivery of month-end Group results and providing comprehensive analysis and commentary for the senior leadership team
* Ensuring that group Balance Sheet reporting is robust and accurate across the UK and international markets
* Working in partnership with all areas of finance & business areas as a 'go-to' subject matter expert
* Act as the firm's contact point for external auditor partners
* Management of a small team of Assistant Accountants
* Delivery of monthly results pack, quarterly Financial Management Accounts, Treasury fact pack, bank covenant reporting
Skills and experience:
* Professionally qualified Accountant with a broad range of experience
* Excellent Financial Control & Audit experience
* Commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
* Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Pragmatic, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
* Strong project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting timescales and multiple projects.
You will be joining a high-profile team and be part of a leading, international business. This firm has an excellent track record regarding career progression. The role will require some travel to other offices in the UK and you will be able to demonstrate strong technical skills as well as commercial acumen.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.