Title: Finance Manager
As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for a range of different duties including month end accounting routines through to involvement in commercial projects. You will be involved in continuous system reviews, implementation and process improvements where appropriate, as well as representing financial information across the departments and to senior management and board.
You will be integral to the strategic analysis of the business's management information, producing reports and management information on the company's financial situation in line with its short and long-term goals. This is a brilliant time to join a non-profit organisation going through a period of commercialisation to ensure improved efficiency and allow them to further improve their offering moving forwards.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company and provide back-office services such as accounts payable and credit control.
- Assist with the production of monthly management accounts and month end accounting
- Assist with the preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- You will oversee and work closely with a finance assistant who will assist with transactional finance tasks.
- Assist the MD in setting the strategy and developing the annual budgets, reviewing/reforecasting quarterly and delivering weekly and monthly management information in relation to the company's performance against the budgets.
- Track and report the company's financial status and departmental performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Ensure that the payroll, which is currently outsourced, is delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to leadership team to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Present financial reports to board members and stakeholders at quarterly board meetings.
- Review financial data and prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports in line to meet the time schedule within the business.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the company operating systems, establish, and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Ensuring the charity meets all its statutory and compliance obligations.
- Open to fully qualified, part-qualified or QBE accountants.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior finance role.
- Sharp and inquisitive, with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to interpret and present financial information in an easy to understand manner.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong collaborator and team player.
- The want to lead from the front, with empathy and understanding of the values of the organisation and the needs of the growing team.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent IT skills, with a particular emphasis on excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups and basic formulae).
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- An open mind to change and process improvement.