Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Up to £26000.00 per annum + Remote working
about 1 month ago
Finance Assistant -Fully remote
£26,000 starting salary
12 month contract
About the business:
A brand new opportunity to join this globally multi billion turnover Financial services business based fully remotely with a central office in West Yorkshire. A great chance for a finance assistant aspiring to learn more and work for a business that are passionate about learning and empowering real change.
About the role:
Joining a fun and forward thinking business that strives for improvement, you will have responsibility of overseas tax submissions, small corporation tax filings and monthly compliance submissions. You will also be involved in supporting the UK VAT returns and UK corporation tax returns for the Group as well as supporting other adhoc transactional finance requests, such as supporting the royalty payment process.
· Work with the tax manager to monitor and maintain deadlines for tax returns and tax payments worldwide
· Analyse tax sensitive expenses within the profit and loss for inclusion within tax computations
· Assist with the Group's compliance with external reporting requirements and to keep the Group up to date with legislative changes.
· Work closely with our financial advisors worldwide and providing them high quality and timely information in order for them to prepare our statutory returns
· Support the preparation of year end provisions for a portfolio of companies within the UK for inclusion in the group accounts as well as a number of international subsidiaries
· Build effective working relationships with both our extended worldwide finance team and also with our external advisors.
· Maintain the ongoing compliance with internal risk management policies and identify process improvements both within the UK Group and the worldwide subsidiaries.
· Support with claiming tax credits on research and development expenditure
· Draft replies to HM Revenue and Customs enquiries and gathering required data
§ Prior experience of working within a finance team
§ Experience with extracting data from accounting systems and being able to manipulate and analyse data using Microsoft Excel, including being proficient in VLOOKUP, pivot tables and other functions
§ Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise and timetable several work flows concurrently to meet deadline
§ Ability to understand, evaluate and interpret various financial data, identifying and looking to resolve apparent inconsistencies
§ Personable and able to build strong working relationships
§ Ability to produce high quality outputs
§ Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Support & stability
- Complete flexibility
- Impressive benefit package
- Generous holiday allowance
- WFH & office based options
- Sociable environment & social events