Trainee Management Accountant // Manchester City Centre // £21,000 - £23,000 // 10 months - possibility of conversion to permanent role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, proactive Accounts Assistant to gain exposure and development within Management Accounts.
Based in smart, centrally located Manchester City centre offices, this role will suit a progressive individual with good academic knowledge of Management Accounts processes gained during AAT/CIMA/ACCA studies. You should also posess some practical experience gained within a finance team.
Duties and responsibilities will increase over time as the successful applicant develops knowledge and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities will ultimately include :
- High volumes of bank reconciliations in multiple currencies
- Contribution to the month-end and quarter-end processes in line with company policies and timetables.
- Ownership of Balance sheet Accounts, ensuring understanding and control of balances.
- Cash flow reporting.
- Management of credit cards and Expense reports.
- Variance Analysis, prepayments, accruals, posting journals.
- Provide financial support and respond to ad-hoc requests from key stakeholders across the group
- Adhering to existing accounting processes to ensure accurate reporting of the P&L and Balance sheet.
Skills and experience required:
- AAT Level 3 or above or CIMA/ACCA studier
- Good theoretical knowledge of Management Accounts processes; understanding month end, accruals, prepayments, journals
- Some experience working within a finance team
- Excellent Excel skills
- Able to communicate financial information clearly to contacts across departments
- Innovative approach to problem solving, anticipating opportunities and the ability to question/challenge existing methods and approaches.
- Excellent attention to detail: applying high quality standards to all tasks undertaken.
If you are available immediately or on 2 weeks notice or less, please send your CV and shortlisted candidates
25 days holiday, pro rata, 35 hrs per week with some flex on working hours. Excellent benefits package including private healthcare and dental care.
Satisfactory Criminal Records and Credit Check are required for this role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age