Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to work with a well established company in East Kilbride!
An opportunity has arisen for a financial accountant on a short term basis which could be extended should you perform well!
- Financial management of 2 sites
- Providing financial control to the sites in ensuring that P&L spends are all controlled and are within required levels
- Preparing the management accounts on a timely basis for review with the Financial Controller including year on year commentary
- Preparation of prepayments and accruals
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing credit card spend
- Maintaining fixed asset registers
- Submission of VAT returns, intrastat submissions, EC sales lists and National Statistics
- Involvement in the audit process
- Continuous improvement of processes and driving efficiencies
- The role will require travel to the sites on occasion
- The successful candidate will have an inquisitive mind and be keen to learn how systems work, with a desire to interrogate data and question transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to convincingly state a case with supporting back up.
- The individual will need to have excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Financial Analysis: Ability to create advanced spreadsheets, explain variances to estimates, identify business risks and opportunities and then make recommendations.
- Independence: Ability to work and think independently, have the confidence to share findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Co-Ordination: Ability to meet strict deadlines whilst maintaining excellent standards of output.
- Control Environment: Understanding of internal controls, standards and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for internal and external reporting.
Ideally, but not essential, you will have Manufacturing experience and possess the following: -
A professional Accounting Qualification i.e. (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS)
Post qualification (3 years)
Qualified by experience
UK Driving Licence
Full Time 8am to 5pm
firstname.lastname@example.org // 0141 272 7733
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age