Search Consultancy has a fantastic opportunity for a Family Support Worker worker to be based at Worcestershire Council based in Worcester covering the Bromsgrove region. You will be joining a supportive, experienced team on a temporary contract
Pay Rate between £10.50 to £13.24 umbrella an hour depending on experience
We are looking for a candidate who has clearly had frontline family support experience involving home visiting and working with families with children aged 0-18 with parenting, substance misuse, domestic abuse, anti-social behaviour etc.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Working in partnership with families to ensure that they are provided with the right support at the right time to promote the welfare of children and young people living within the family.
* Reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
* Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services.
* Delivering a 'Think Family' approach ensuring that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
* Implementing, monitoring and reviewing family support intervention plans, including the delivery of evidence based parenting programmes, activities and group work sessions to strengthen family resilience.
* Enabling the development of positive strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
* Working assertively with families with complex often interrelated problems including reducing truancy and school exclusion, improving under attainment and aspiration through education, learning and employment, reducing antisocial behaviour and crime, improving health and developing a healthy lifestyle, maintaining and sustaining tenancies.
* Contributing to high quality assessments to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
* Working alongside social workers to implement the Care plan when statutory intervention is required.
* Working as an effective team member positively implementing the Early Help strategy, prioritising the needs of families in need of support and intervention.
Candidates must have:
* Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above.
* Good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills level 3 and above
* Experience of working with children, young people and families at risk of statutory intervention.
* Experience of working with families with multiple and complex interrelated problems.
* Experience of delivery of evidence based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these.
* Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessment and the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring and review of Family support plans
* Experience of working in a multi-agency setting/environment.
This role is subject to DBS and reference checks.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age