Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£9.00 - £11.83 per hour
2 months ago
Search Consultancy is working with an authority in The Staffordshire area to recruit several Family Support Workers on a temporary basis.
Salary Between £9 and £11.83 an hour
The safeguarding units take responsibility for the county's child in need and child protection activities including assessment, intervention, service planning, child protection enquiries and the delivery of child protection plans. The service has the lead role in the initiation and early planning of care proceedings, retaining case responsibility for the duration of these proceedings where children remain at home. The service also works with children who are looked after, prior to their transferring to a specialist looked after children team.
The specialist safeguarding teams work closely with the Local Support Teams within Targeted Services in the stepping up and down of cases, providing an in reach service to the Local Support Teams.
* To provide transport and escort children and their families to a variety of situations including contact visits, school, medical appointments, meetings and social activities working under the direct guidance of the case holding social worker.
* Under guidance to organise and supervise children's contact visits with their families.
* To provide practical support to families and carers.
* To support children and young people in a range of social and recreational activities in the community.
* Together with colleagues to provide care, supervision, and activities for children whilst their parents or carers are attending groups or meetings.
* In respect of Looked After Children, to complete Life Story Work and prepare young people for new placements.
* To support families and young people where there is a risk of placement breakdown.
* To attend reviews, planning meetings and other relevant meetings as required.
* To provide verbal and written reports to the Line Manager or case holding worker.
* To ensure all work undertaken is recorded on a child's electronic case file.
* To make effective use of IT systems.
Candidates must be a car driver and provide a car with appropriate insurance cover for use at work. (Suitable adjustments can be made in line with the Disability Discrimination Act).
This role is subject to Enhanced DBS and reference checks.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing a high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age