Family Contact Worker
£11.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Family Contact Worker on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours.
To provide;high quality information and advice to internal and external customers.
To deal with telephone enquiries and screen against criteria, referring on appropriately as determined by information gathered.
To work as part of a team
Responsibilities of the role:
* To deliver services ensuring quality.
* To interact effectively with both internal and external customers in order to meet the overall aims of the service.
* To gather, record and update relevant information systems.
* To advise customers of services criteria and the process involved.
* To make decision as to whether a contact:-
a) Should be passed on for the assessment of need, or
b) Is more appropriately resolved by the provision of information or advice, or
c) The referral should be passed on for more specialised advice,
d) Should be passed on to another, more appropriate agency or is best resolved by taking on these discussions on behalf of the service user.
e) Requires more urgent attention from Emergency Duty Service.
* To operate advanced electronic equipment in order to effect the best quality referrals.
* To operate all items of equipment relating to the emergency response systems and to assist in the process of invoking the department's response as required.
* To offer basic housing, welfare and money advice and distribute leaflets as requested.
* To participate in regular and shared appraisals with line manager, within the remit defined by the Senior Contact Officer.
* To participate in health and Safety assessments to reduce risks within the work environment.
* To suggest any service development ideas to management regarding the department's 24 hour front line service.
* To be familiar with legislation for children and families, community care and out of hours service, particularly for people with mental health problems.
Any other duties which are reasonable to perform within the grade
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age