Search have an excellent opportunity for a civils / groundworks estimator to join a successful privately owned business based in Fife. The business delivers groundwork services to a range of loyal clientele including main contractors, national house builders and developers.
The estimator will make up a vital part of the commercial team. Working alongside a quantity surveyor and buyer the estimator will take overall accountability for pricing works that can vary in price from £500K - £4m and will involve earthworks, access roads, plots works, drainage and surfacing.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
* Estimating experience gained within the civil engineering environment
* Expert knowledge of earthwork packages, plant and material considerations
* The ability to pull together commercially attractive tenders and prices
* An eye for detail and the ability to identify value engineering opportunities
* IT literacy, especially high level of skill in using Excel
The estimator role is very important to the business, salary is flexible depending on experience and skill set but this role requires an individual with a high level of both.
The successful candidate will join a business that has a familial feel, respectful office culture and that can offer an opportunity to take ownership of the estimating function.
If you feel you meet the specification please get in touch to discuss in more detail.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.