A vacancy has arisen for an Estimator to join a successful and reputable contractor based in Chesterfield, within the Earthworks, Civil Engineering and Construction sectors. Working within the Pre-Construction Department the ideal applicant will be required to work closely with and build relationships with clients and suppliers to facilitate high quality, competitive and compliant tender submissions with a typical project ranging from £25k to £5m in value.
Reporting directly to the Estimating Manager this is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to take on a highly responsible position with a reputable and expanding organisation.
The successful candidate's duties will include:
* Review drawings and specifications and undertake take-offs as required
* To obtain the best sub-contract and supplier prices and evaluate the best proposal
* Preparing and submitting achievable and cost-effective quotations ensuring they meet the requirements of the business
* Assess the most cost-efficient method of completing the works and accurately price all elements of the works, in order produce a competitive quotation
* Determining contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and finding opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
* Leading clear and concise handover meetings with the Implementation teams ensuring that all relevant pricing information is thoroughly explained
* Maintaining effective communication with clients, suppliers and implementation teams
* Significant previous experience of working in an estimating role within the landscaping / civils industry
* A developed knowledge of Hard and Soft landscaping
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Ability to prioritise work load and work with changing priorities
* Must have the ability to liaise with clients, site agents and architects and portray a high level of technical knowledge; will also be required to attend meetings and site visits in order to develop and maintain good working relationships.
* Flexibility to travel across sites and with a full UK driving licence
* Highly numerate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* IT literate with advanced skills in Microsoft excel, word and project
For more information please call James Ranson on 0113 308 8075
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.