The Estimator will be a key member of the BD team, and assist the team in meeting Sales Targets and company objectives - both renewals and new opportunities.
- The Estimator will be responsible for collation and production of estimates
- Have a contact database of BS consultants and client advisors
- Propose innovative solutions to deliver client requirements
- To have industry knowledge to keep abreast of competitors methodologies
- Provide information and prepare and compilation of proposal submissions including solution and option appraisal of new methods of FM Service delivery to identify valid and viable commercial delivery options
- Proactive approach to the continuous improvement in communications, management procedures and systems to maximise profitability and improve operational efficiencies
- Use of Estimating package / system to verify validity of bids
- Read and understand the client requests / documentation
- Formulate bid based on customer brief, including; labour loading of asset information, materials and sub-contractors required to achieve the specification (obtaining specialist subcontractor costs) and calculating any adjustments for overheads, profit, life expectancy cycle and contingency
- Attend site visits, as required, across the UK as part of the bid process
- Assist in the production of correspondence and documentation
- Progressing submitted tenders, through post tender clarifications, presentations etc.
- Identification of a broad range of cost saving initiatives in line with contractual obligations
- Other duties as required by the BD team.
- Through continual review of the tender document, be responsible for any changes from the original specification including preliminary pricings, time scales and any other changes as requested
- Handover of tender package to the Operations Team on completion (win)
- Keep up to date all estimating packages including, templates and tender logs etc.
- Keep up to date with the latest estimating techniques and procedures
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.