Employee Relations Specialist - Essex and East Anglia - £45K to £50K + car + bonus
Search Consultancy is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist on behalf of a leading service organisation. The Employee Relations team has developed a new ER Strategy and you will be part of a newly created team across the UK, making an impactful difference. The role will see you covering Essex, East Anglia, Cambridgeshire and parts of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire in a home based role.
Responsibilities will include:
* Acting as a first point of contact for line managers on all ER matters, providing specialist advice and solutions in line with current legislation. This will include but not limited to disciplinary, grievances, investigations, restructures and capability
* Providing managers with the skills necessary to deal with ER issues locally. This will include developing management styles to ensure positive working relationships.
* Helping culturally change the business through coaching and developing managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible, rather than allowing situations to escalate.
* To proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met
* Working with recognised unions on pay negotiations and other areas of input.
* Supporting with Employment Tribunals which could including linking in with the legal team and potentially drafting responses.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following:
* CIPD level 7 qualification (ideally)
* Previous experience in an ER focused role within a unionised and regulated environment.
* Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment. Exposure to ETs is a bonus.
* Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management.
* Experience in the following industry sectors is preferred; Manufacturing, Logistics, FMCG or transportation
* Ideally experience in regional, multi-site or home based roles.
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic and expanding HR team within an organisation with a global presence, offering a highly competitive salary and the opportunity of fantastic career progression.
To find out more, please contract Mark Dayman at Search HR on 0116 247 3308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.