Environmental Protection Officer
Search Consultancy is working with a Cheshire based local authority to recruit an Environmental Protection Officer on a full-time, ongoing, temporary basis.
To be responsible for the investigation and resolution of statutory nuisance cases, responding to consultations on planning and licensing and providing comments on various technical reports.
- To provide advice on planning applications, licensing applications, contaminated land surveys and other related reports and consultations.
- To provide advice in acoustics and vibration control, including the production of technical reports and the scrutiny of third party surveys.
- To provide advice and support to customers on all aspects of statutory nuisance and to ensure the resolution of such disputes where possible.
- To prepare and take legal proceedings, including attendance at court where necessary.
- To provide flexible cover and support to all aspects of the Public Protection Service as required.
- To exchange complicated, sensitive and contentious information and to ensure the correct governance of such information.
- Car driver with access to a vehicle for work.
- Evidence of knowledge and application of the statutory requirements of the Environmental Protection Act and related legislation
- Relevant experience of regulation and enforcement.
- Evidence of the effective investigation and resolution of complaints/case management.
- Evidence of knowledge and application of acoustics and vibration control.
- Ability to produce reports, instructions and written documents in clear and concise terms.
- Ability to analyse and effectively communicate technical and legal issues.
- Ability to prepare and take legal proceedings.
- Proven knowledge of legislation in relation to Environmental Health.
Please apply with your up to date cv and a daytime contact number.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age