Our client is a major civil engineering contractor with a track record in delivering high value civil engineering and infrastructure projects within highways, wind-farms and water. As a market leader the business enjoys a strong ongoing pipeline of projects within Scotland.
A need exists for an Environmental Manager to join the business in a site based role attached to major roads project in Aberdeen-shire.
Forming part of the project delivery team the environmental manager will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement environmental action plans, to ensure sustainable development.
- Ensure Environmental compliance arrangements are in place for all site / office and construction activities.
- Work with internal teams such as site licensing, design, safety case and project development.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with UK regulation and legislation
- Act as the in house expert for environmental compliance, Act as the Key stakeholder for liaison with the EA and other external bodies.
- Providing advice and support on technical matters relating to planning, EIA and environmental management.
- Audit, analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external teams and regulatory bodies.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organisations environmental risks and financial costs.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Degree level education in a relevant subject, preferably environmental or engineering
- Environmental Qualification
- Vigorous understanding of environmental legislation and policies.
- Understanding of EIA process
- Excellent report writing skills are necessary.
- Experience in managing sites and ensuring that rules are being abided by.
- High level of IT literac
The successful candidate will benefit from a generous remuneration package and the opportunity to join a business that offers ongoing progression and development to staff
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.