Environmental Health/Food Safety Officer
£30.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Neighbourhood Officer on a temporary basis, working with a Food and Health and Safety Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with a busy city based team with a wide range of premises and varied workload.
* Undertaking food hygiene inspections (in accordance with the Food Law Code of Practice)
* To assist with the back log of lower risk inspections (D & E rated) at Food Premises in the Borough
* Undertaking interventions in a wide range of Food premises
* Recording the results of interventions and producing reports and documents to comply with the Food Law code of Practice and the Brand Standards
* Handling and protecting sensitive and confidential information
* Suitable experience to undertake food safety inspection, re-visits, identify enforcement action require and escalate to existing staff and also respond to customer service requests
Responsibilities of the role:
* Be able to demonstrate that the competency requirements of the Food Law Code of Practice for an Authorised Officer are met.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills in order to be able to effectively communicate, negotiate with and influence a wide range of people
* Ability to produce reports, and written documents in clear and concise terms
* Demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and prioritise tasks
* Ability to utilise information technology to allow duties to be carried out effectively and securely
* Ability to assess risk and exercise judgement when lone working
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Qualifications and knowledge:
* The Higher Certificate in Food Control (OR)
* A Certificate of Registration as an Environmental Health Practitioner awarded by the Environmental Health Registration Board (OR)
* An equivalent qualification verified by the Environmental Health Registration Board
Please call Madge on 0161 835 8772 for further details or email your CV to email@example.com.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age