Environmental Fate Consultant - partial home working possible
To support the development and conduct of higher tier environmental exposure/risk assessment approaches and environmental fate dossier section production for chemical substances, particularly agrochemicals.
This will involve:
- Assisting in developing the environmental fate (Efate) offering within CEA.
- Contributing towards the development of CEA's marketing of risk assessment capabilities.
- Attending relevant conferences and meetings to develop CEA's profile.
- Providing expertise e-fate:
- Reviewing the quality of Efate laboratory and field studies for chemical substances, e.g. pesticides, biocides and to identify any gaps in the data for EU regulatory submission.
- Monitoring Efate studies conducted in CROs.
- Analysing Efate data to derive input parameters for environmental exposure modelling of soil, surface water and groundwater.
- Preparing high quality Efate regulatory dossier sections.
- Contributing to the CEA risk assessment problem solving team, providing innovative solutions to regulatory problems.
- Project managing delivery obligations to commercial and government clients.
- Selling consultancy through developing relationships with key clients including seeking and increasing opportunities with new clients.
- Writing quotations and proposals for commercial clients.
- Taking part in initiatives to develop government-funded research and consultancy opportunities.
- Maintaining and building CEA's reputation and relationship with clients and regulators by taking part in face-to-face meetings, conference calls and presentations, as required.
- Science degree with environmental experience.
- Ideally have expertise in Efate laboratory and/or field studies.
- Experience with regulatory submissions preferable
- Engage with clients to scope, plan, manage and drive projects through to completion. This will involve organising and monitoring to ensure that work is completed to the required regulatory and other standards, is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and delivered to the client's satisfaction.
- Achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships and undertake sales activities to find and develop new clients by achieving a good understanding of the market place, competitors and market rates.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.