Design Stage and at site once significant Construction starts.
Responsible to: Project Director /Project Manager
Subordinates Reporting to this Position: Engineering and Design Leads- All Disciplines; Site Engineers; Quality Control Leads
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
* To support and understudy the Project Director/ Manager in all aspects of project management.
* To provide project specifications, Project QA/QC guidance, Procurement and Contract preparation and review/ negotiation and administration of purchase orders and subcontracts., technical assessment, design review and approval, application of Value Engineering, project controls (document, materials, quality and cost) l, planning input and schedule management coupled with team leadership.
* To provide technical, commercial, scheduling and performance reporting.
* To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the RG Process' Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. All at times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Your responsibilities will include other tasks, which your Manager may instruct you to undertake from time to time.
* Prepare Engineering Specifications, Equipment Data Sheets, Scopes of Work
* Project progress reports and forecasting.
* Oversee the technical aspects of all procurement and contracts including the development and approval of bidder lists and technical adjudications.
* Participate in the Schedule development and monitoring.
* Prepare bulk materials strategy and manage materials control.
* Review / monitoring of engineering performance indicators.
* Change management and control in terms of design changes and ensure adequate input into the Project Controls function
* Identification of problems and problem solving,
* Prepare Estimates as may be required
* Established quality control process including Inspection and Testing Plans
* Monitoring of expediting / inspection.
* Monitoring / expediting of vendor data.
* Manage the construction in terms of technical specification adherence and sign off.
* Coordinate with Operations and prepare comprehensive maintenance plans including spares holding strategy and oversee the development of the Planned Maintenance Schedule for mechanical equipment.
* Assist the Safety Officer in preparation of Safe Work Procedures.
* Manage Technical Document Control including the approvals process, revision control and "As Builts"
* Drive the Commissioning and Operational Readiness needs during Project Development Process and assist Commissioning/ Operational Readiness manager.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
* University Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (preferably Mechanical, Process, Structural) - minimum
* Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in multi-discipline projects and with project management experience.
* Ability to effectively manage within tight time frames.
* Interpersonal negotiating and relationship skills.
* Analytical decision-making skills.
* Commercial understanding of contract terms and conditions.
* Knowledge of safety, environment and I/R.
* Industrial knowledge of engineering projects.
* High degree of literacy with good communication skills in English (Russian would be an advantage).
* Basic computer skills (Excel, WP, PowerPoint, e-mails) - minimum,
* Advanced level of computer literacy, 3D design packages, document control and change management desirable.
* Demonstrated ability to work with Construction & Procurement Departments.
* Proven ability to work with Engineering Design and Construction companies.
* Experience working in a developing country preferably in Central Asia or the former CIS.
* Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
* Strong communication, planning & execution skills.
* Project Management experience
* Construction Management experience
* Excellent leadership & Management skills with proven ability to mentor and motivate your team members.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.