Engineering Co-ordinator - £44k - 6% Employer Pension Contributions - Free Parking - 25 Days Holiday (+Bank) - Free Parking
Our chosen business partner is a leading paper manufacturer in the north-west England. The company has developed a strong range of technical capabilities, making it a global player in high quality coloured papers, niche digital solutions, luxury packaging and offering unique bespoke materials. A business of around £75m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK.
The role will focus on giving optimum plant performance whilst continually improving and contributing specialist technical knowledge to other areas or engineering disciplines on site.
The role involves co-ordinating staff, supervising contractors, and determining appropriate maintenance strategies..
* Work with the Chief Engineer and Senior Operations Manager to improve and manage our preventative maintenance plans and emergency breakdown response.
* Lead a small team of dedicated engineers and fitters.
* Help us to implement and maintain systems to allow us to monitor machine and maintenance KPIs, enabling continuous improvement of both engineering and operational activity.
* Get your hands dirty as required - it's a hands-on environment
* Significant experience within the recycling, paper, packaging, rigid board industry or similar manufacturing industry.
* Proficient in diagnosis and repairs to hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
* A natural planner and organiser - you'll be able to ensure that the good work we do is documented, analysed, processed and help us optimise machine performance.
* You will also: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service; be determined, resilient and flexible; demonstrate a positive attitude and come up with ideas that add value
* You must have HNC/D qualifications or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with over 5 years relevant experience.
Your working hours will be on a staggered day shift pattern as follows: Week 1 - Monday to Thursday (7:45am-4:30pm) and 7.45am-3.30pm Friday and Week 2 - 7.45am-4.30pm 3 days over Monday to Thursday, 7.45am-3.30pm Friday and 7.45am-4.30pm Sunday.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.