Electrical Maintenance Technician required for a large Oil Services Company based in East Central Scotland. The client manufactures, services and repairs equipment for the Oil and Gas industry.
They offer a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, Contributory pension scheme and 28 days basic annual holiday
The main purpose of this role is the inspection, service and repair of all electrical equipment (including machine tools) within the facility, in a safe and competent manner and in compliance with all relevant standards and regulations.
* Service and repair of all electrical plant:
- Mazak CNC machines, lathes, mills, borers, heat treatment equipment and any other mechanical, Hydraulic or pneumatic machine as required (all facility equipment)
* Establish, maintain and monitor a maintenance schedule
* Perform diagnostics using manufacturers' publications, schematics, and software to troubleshoot and repair CNC machine tools
* Undertake tasks in line with maintenance requisition request procedure.
* Conduct preventative maintenance tasks where necessary.
* Advise line management of potential plant problems.
* Prioritise workload to provide the most effective maintenance service as possible.
* Fulfil responsibilities under the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of the team. In particular give full attention to:
* Risk Assessments/COSHH Assessments and the control measures identified therein
* Compliance with all HSE warning and information signs including lockout/tagout
* Compliance with all Company assigned PPE requirements
* Fulfil responsibilities with all Company Environmental Initiatives, in particular:
- Waste segregation - paper, metals, wood, oils etc
* IEE 17th Edition Regulations or equivalent
* Fully conversant with welding and large mechanical equipment
* Minimum Time Served with an ONC and preferably with an HNC in Electrical Engineering (equivalent of HNC 236 or 2360 parts 1&2)
* Significant electrical maintenance experience gained within a manufacturing environment
* Certification preferred but not required: Mazak, Hankook or Mori Seiki machine repair(horizontal and vertical)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.