Search Consultancy are delighted to once again be working with a fantastic specialist company based in Livingston. Focusing on the delivery of specialist hardware & software across various industries, this Consulting Electronics Engineer job is an evolving, exciting role to get stuck into.
What does the job involve?
As part of the Electronic Engineers job, you'll be meeting with customers and work with them closely to solve their problems. You'll be working in a fast-paced technical team. You'll investigate, develop and utilise new technologies, components and techniques.
You'll be creating customer-friendly user guides and schematics to allow full use of components & regularly use your analogue and digital electronics skills to design, build and test complex electronics modules.
Brilliant, what about the company?
They're a great company, with a consistent team and considerable backing. They have a foothold in the European, North American & Far East markets and are looking to expand further.
That's great, but what do I need to be considered?
For this job, you need to have a Bachelors degree (or better) in Electronic Engineering. That is essential to this role.
You'll also need these professional skills & experiences;
- 5+ year's experience developing electronic systems
- Schematic capture, PCB design, simulation
- Digital and analogue system design
- Micro-controller system design
- Flexibility to interpret a variety of data sheets, protocol documents, design specifications
And these skills & experiences would also be advantage;
- Altium schematic capture and PCB layout
- Design experience with system interconnects RS232, USB, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet etc.
- Power supply design
- High speed digital design
- Wireless modules/RF experience (e.g. Wifi, BLE/Bluetooth, RFID)
- Design experience with FPGAs, CPLDs and DSPs
- Verification of prototypes and transfer to manufacture
- EMC testing, failure analysis
- Experience of highly regulated development processes, e.g. medical devices, ATEX
That sounds like me, what else should I know?
Great, the job comes with a salary which depends on experience & is relative to the above skills. The range is anywhere between £30,000-£60,000 pa. There can be flexible working options arranged as part of this role.
If this is a role you'd like to be considered for, then please click apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.