The EHS team provides the site with environmental, health and safety advice to ensure compliance with UK EHS legislation, company policies and permits. The team is responsible for supporting the site to ensure compliance with the sites ERP2016 environmental permit and with all applicable health and safety legislation. The team is passionate about its role with a strong appetite for increasing our knowledge, improving the way things are done and innovation.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years experience in a manufacturing and production role and have worked within a highly regulated environment. The main focus of this role will be on areas outside of process chemistry such a facilities where the scope and range of legislation is broader and the GMP quality system is not applicable.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Conduct thorough inspections along with audits of practices and systems to monitor compliance, maintain trackers, and produce reports and documentation for circulation to stakeholders. This is to enable identification of possible hazards and gaps in compliance with all environmental, health and safety local and government regulatory requirements. The role will require evaluating the risk in such situations; developing and implementing a response plan to correct or prevent the risk and to ensure the effectiveness with ongoing monitoring.
- Provide daily guidance and direction to company staff and contractors in EHS programs to ensure a common and effective approach
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, work with the departments and the EHS Manager to implement corrective actions and improvement plans. This will involve a strong focus on working with Facilities Management
- Maintain and update EHS documentation as required
- Conduct training in EHS compliance and general awareness
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures
- Prepare compliance data by compiling and analysing internal and external information
- Provide administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of departments and the EHS Manager
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing and production role within a highly regulated environment
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or IOSH Managing Safely
- City & Guilds or higher, ideally in and engineering discipline (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills across all levels from shop floor to senior management
- Broad understanding of UK EHS compliance requirements and practices in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with tracking compliance Metrix and data using excel
- Experience writing documents with input from a variety of stakeholders
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.