EHC (Education Health Care) Plan Writers/SEN
£15.00 per hour
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for a EHC Plan Writer on a temporary contract, on behalf of a Client. The role is working Full time hours - 9am - 5pm
Responsibilities of the role:
* To interpret and summarise multi-professional assessment reports and then draft EHC Plans, and so that the plans are clear, easy to read, Jargon free and well written. Needs, objectives and provisions will be specific and clear.
* To draft EHC Plans for checking prior to issue within strict statutory timescales and to a high standard that would satisfy external scrutiny.
* To liaise with SEN advice givers regarding any gaps in the reports provided and any discrepancies in the assessment advice provided.
* In some cases, to meet with parents in order to gain a personal profile of the child concerned which will form one aspect of the EHC Plan.
* To make effective use of the SEN Database in managing the statutory assessment process for children and young people with special educational needs, ensuring that LA procedures are followed and all relevant data and information is recorded on the database. The post holder will be required to enter information onto the system to ensure that the Authority maintains an accurate record of all current cases. The information recorded will be confidential and sensitive and must not be disclosed to unauthorised persons. The database is used for casework scheduling, document storage and long term educational planning, so accurate and complete data is essential.
* Under the guidance of the EHCP Co-ordinator, to respond to parental submissions regarding proposed EHC Plans, and to make amendments where appropriate but also to ensure that any revised wording does not inappropriately restrict options for provision and school placement.
* To review Annual Reviews of EHC Plans and update and amend as required, to take account of revised professional advice, change of provision or placement.
* To work closely with EHCP Coordinators and to assist with case work when required, including the scheduling and arranging of key worker meetings with parents and professionals.
* To undertake such other duties of a similar nature from time to time, as required by the SEN Management.
* To contribute to the business support for the SEND Service when required. In addition to support with post, telephone enquiries and filing, include:
* Word processing of correspondence and reports
* Data entry
* The post holder must at all times carry out his/her job responsibilities with regard to the Council's Equality and Diversity policy.
* Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post. This job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which they will be required to work. In the interests of effective working, the major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age