Duty Officer - East Grinstead - Permanent £ 26,000 Pa plus Benefits
Shifts M- Sun variable hours
To provide a practical, professional and efficient response to requests for motor assistance or medical emergency by any overseas holiday insurance policy holders and coordinate the assistance in line with the policy limits and company procedures.
* To manage all incoming and outgoing telephone calls and emails and maintain a clear and complete record of each assistance case and follow through on all cases to completion. Ensuring that the Underwriter is informed of exceptional arrangements made within guidelines.
* To manage all aspects of the assistance, ensuring that all services are delivered within the agreed times and members are fully updated on progress.
* To ensure that any service failures or potential problems are escalated to the Deputy Manager or Business Manager.
* To ensure that all aspects of the assistance are managed in the most cost-effective manner, considering all options available.
* Check all invoices for UK and foreign suppliers against agreed parameters. Pass for payment and recover costs from the Underwriter or member within agreed guidelines.
* Advise members and answer queries regarding claims relating to any overseas holiday policies. Liaise/negotiate with underwriter/loss adjuster on member's behalf to help resolve claims issues.
* Possess complete knowledge of all procedures, allowances and benefits of any company overseas holiday insurance product. Assess and advise on underwriting issues put by members and contact centre staff, within agreed guidelines.
* Fluent French and English with excellent verbal and communication skills
* Good standard of Education including GCSE English language or equivalent
* To be able to be calm and focussed under pressure and manage multiple cases
* Experience of working within a similar role in a service environment
* Contributory pension scheme to help you save more towards your retirement
* Discounts on car and travel insurance as well as other products and services
* Big savings at over 700 retailers - including discounts on grocery shopping, furniture and even on a new car
* Private healthcare scheme - we pay the annual cost of your scheme and all you'll pay is the tax incurred each month
* 50% towards your annual gym membership at selected health clubs
* Free eye tests plus vouchers to help towards cost of frames
* Access a variety of professional training courses to improve your skills
* We'll reimburse 50% of adult education courses
Apply now for this varied and interesting role..
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.