Job Title: Dual Fuel Coach - Smart Metering
Responsible to: Field Team Manager
Salary: £31,000 plus bonus
Are you a senior smart meter engineer looking to make the next step up? Perhaps you've hit the ceiling at your current company?
We're looking for technically sound, experienced dual fuel engineers who feel they can progress into a coach role and relish the opportunity to train and assist newly qualified engineers into the industry.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Provide day to day coaching for Dual Fuel Meter Operatives, ensuring compliance to safe working practices and cost effective utilisation of resources and assets through effective direction, training and coaching of the Meter Operatives in your team supporting the Team Manager in the delivery of business and customer KPI targets.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS:
Health & Safety
Communicate, demonstrate, promote and ensure compliance with codes of practice, policies and procedures, including health & safety in order to meet Company standards and regulatory requirements.
Undertake Monthly Work In Progress Audits (WIP's) and Coaching Visits in Line with Metering Installation and Maintenance Quality Assurance Procedure. Undertake toolbox and vehicle checks as per plan and promote safe driving practices with effective utilisation of in vehicle technology
Using coaching techniques to support operatives in their ongoing development and skill set so they can deliver the best service for our customers while ensuring they meet the requirements of the role safely.
Utilise daily, weekly and monthly MI data/reports - performance, productivity, compliance, logistics, cost, etc. Identify trends, highlight issues and address exceptions
Manage and maintain effective working relationships with energy suppliers and consumers to ensure a responsive and integrated approach to delivering contractual requirements and agreed service levels.
To operate to the highest business standards, manage risk and protect the Siemens brand. Uphold company and ethical standards in own and others' conduct, taking action where appropriate, and modelling best practice, to maintain and enhance Siemens reputation.
GCSE / O'Level Maths & English or equivalent qualification
Desirable: ILM Coaching and Mentoring Level 3 or equivalent.
Current Valid Driving Licence suitable for use in the UK (post holders will be expected to travel).
Knowledge & Skills:
* MOCOPA Authorisation, GAS Safe Accreditation to CMA1 and MET1 as a minimum.
* Understanding of the code of practices, policies and procedures, including safety requirements, which are relevant to Residential Smart Meter Operations and the ability to effectively communicate these to the staff.
* Understanding of supplier and metering markets.
* Detailed knowledge of Meter Operations and related activities.
* In a rapidly developing environment, ability to lead a large group of field staff and meet performance targets
* Coaching and training skills.
* Sound influencing and communicating skills, both written and spoken.
* Ability to use appropriate computer based technology and to adapt quickly to any changes in that technology.
* Previous coaching and mentoring experience and confident communicating at all levels (preferable).
* Extensive experience of Dual Fuel Smart Metering Systems and associated equipment with the ability to give advice as appropriate.
* Extensive experience of customer facing roles in a competitive industry, particularly in operational environments with a commercial focus.
Salary - £31k + Bonus for a 42.5 Hour week.
Van, Fuel Card, Tools, Uniform, HHT, Tablet and Mobile will be provided.
For more information please call Luke Finney on 0161 835 8676 or email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.