Our client is a globally recognised, leading CRO. We are searching for a Director of DMPK for the Drug Discovery side.
To be part of integral drug discovery teams leading the provision of expert opinion and guidance on DMPK and on PKPD to integrated small molecule projects across a diverse range of therapy areas and administration routes.
The role will involve:
- Deliver the DMPK/PKPD strategy for small molecule drug discovery projects from hit-finding, through lead generation and lead optimisation to candidate selection.
- Design a variety of ADME/ PK/ pharmacology studies conducted using established platforms and partner organisations and report results to the teams.
- Interpret results, integrate with data from other disciplines and contextualise for the project aims. This includes, but is not limited to, optimisation of ADME and PK properties, DDI assessments, formulation recommendations, PKPD modelling/ interpretation, human extrapolation, human dose prediction.
- Provide scientific leadership to deliver clear decisions, project milestones and development candidate molecules of exceptional quality for partnering organisations.
- Use modelling and simulation to guide design and interpretation of DMPK and in vivo pharmacology experiments.
- Conduct human projections of PK and dose using algorithms and software packages.
- Deliver decisions based on DMPK data alone and integrated as part of multi-parameter optimisation cascades.
Knowledge and Experience required
* Multi year experience leading in the DMPK/ADME discipline in project teams in a drug discovery organisation.
* Up to date DMPK science knowledge including in vitro/in vivo relationships, human prediction, modelling principals, physiochemical properties as related to DMPK outcomes.
* A history of scientific publication and presentations.
- PhD OR equivalent experience in relevant scientific discipline, pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences with multi-year experience in DMPK drug discovery and development projects and good understanding of related disciplines.
- Familiarity with the use of IT tools and software packages required for PK, PBPK and PKPD analysis, modelling and simulation
- Demonstrable success in optimising small molecule properties in drug discovery projects. This includes acting as DMPK Principal Investigator or equivalent on teams that have identified development compounds.
If you would like to discuss further or would like to apply, please feel free to contact me.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.