£50,000 - £55,000 +Car +Bonus
Monday - Friday 0800 - 1600
- 10% Discount Card
- Share Save Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Onsite parking
Duties and Responsibilities:
- O' Licence holder for the St Helens site - overseeing the legal compliance of a fleet of 24 Rigids, 67 Tractor Units, 60 ambient trailers and 75 refrigerated trailers.
- Manage, support and motivate the team to achieve daily output objectives and deliver KPI's.
- Overseeing 4 x Transport Shift Managers, 1 x Health and Safety Manager and 1 x Driver Trainer.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Transport Department through performance management of TSM's including formal reviews under the annual performance review/appraisal process.
- Ensure absence management is controlled and a consistent, fair approach is adopted.
- Ensure total compliance of departmental Driving Regulations, Working Time Directive, Agency Worker Regulations; taking action when needed.
- Manage all P&L/KPI's, direct costs, productivity and compliance objectives
- Manage the timely scheduling of maintenance for vehicles and equipment
- Plan and maintain appropriate training for all personnel to required standards
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Investigate all MSI's (Most Serious Infringements) and produce detailed report for each occasion they occur
- Keep Warehouse up to date of any issues regarding Transport.
- CPC - Essential
- Previous experience in management of HGV drivers
- Good geographical knowledge
- Manages people, processes, and resources to meet the strategic priorities
- Executes on plans to drive business outcomes
- Manages finances to ensure limited resources are used wisely
- Identifies, develops, and retains talent
- Delegates authority as appropriate
- Provides ongoing feedback and coaching
- Management experience with a unionised environment
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.