Director of Finance
Working for our well established organisation the Director of Finance will report to the Deputy Chief Executive and be responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the Finance / IT function and will take responsibility and be accountable for the Senior Leadership Team.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for:
* Support the Deputy Chief Executive through the provision of timely, accurate and relevant business intelligence that will inform decision making against short, medium and long term operational and strategic objectives, set against clearly defined policies and standards.
* Production of the annual financial statements in accordance with the funding body and external audit requirements.
* To provide comprehensive, timely and accurate information and reports on financial activities, risk and issues to internal and external audiences.
* To ensure that Finance and the IT Services function meet all internal and external requirements, including those of audit regimes.
* To be responsible for the review, updating and implementation of Financial Regulations and associated financial procedures for all companies within the Group and clients as appropriate.
* Ensure effective implementation of all people management policies and procedures including; recruitment, appraisal, discipline and performance management of all staff.
* Carry out any other relevant and appropriate duties as determined by the needs of the service and as appropriate to the grade.
Experience & Background Required:
* Fully Qualified Accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
* Experience of managing a finance team providing management accounting, statutory financial statement reporting and transactional finance.
* Ability to develop and effectively utilise financial models.
* Experienced user of an integration financial accounting system or equivalent
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills and an ability to work methodically to deadlines with a high level of attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity to drive change and add significant value to this organisation.
For more information on this role please apply now.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.