The role is for a well established specialist carpentry & joinery contractor. Since their inception over 30 years ago they are now regarded as one of the leading carpentry & joinery sub contractors, working alongside the top tier 1 main contractors in the UK. They have a reputation for holistically developing their own staff and completing quality projects that are technically challenging and rewarding to work on.
The recent acquisition of multiple projects has resulted in the design department now requiring the expertise of a Design Technician that possesses strong design experience within the carpentry & joinery sub contractor sector. Reporting to the Design Manager, you will be based at their head office working closely with the relevant business units, ensuring designs are robust, cost effective, fit for purpose and delivered on time. You will be working from their head office but will also be required to work on site around central London.
* 2D AutoCAD essential
* Technical Joinery experience essential
* Doorset knowledge with current regs/fire ratings desirable
* Revit/BIM experience desirable
Key personal attributes:
* Ability to plan workload effectively to design programme
* Ability to work on their own or as part as a design team on specific projects
* Able to articulate issues/points well to DM or other members of the team
* Problem solving
* Flexible in approach depending on project specific requirements
* Able to work to Atlantic CAD standards and processes
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package with a company that continually invest in their workforce. If you feel that this role suits you skillset and ambitions then please apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.