Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Up to £20.00 per hour
An opportunity is available for a Draughtsperson to join a well established specialist sub-contractor, with over 13 years history of delivering successful projects across the UK.
To assume responsibility for the Draughting of specific projects and to advise on all levels of the construction process. To produce construction drawings and all relevant information to support the construction process.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining drawing office records to a high standard.
Versatile, Pro-Active and a flexible approach to work.
* Develop drawing office record systems.
* Maintenance of drawing office records to a high standard.
* Production of fabrication drawings.
* Construction of Bills of Material.
* Versatile to be able to work on several projects in a short period.
* Thorough, rapid and methodical.
* Liaison with customers, collaborators, contractors and suppliers as required.
* Supplying information to customers and collaborators in the relevant format in a concise and timely manner.
* Use of contractor management programmes/tools (eg. BIW)
* Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales and budgets.
* Interact with organizational team members and other departments in a professional manner.
* To participate in all training initiatives specific to the post holders duties.
* Participation in cost build up developments.
* To undertake such other duties as maybe reasonably requested by senior management.
* Recognised academic and practical qualifications. (Probably to degree, HND or equivalent)
* Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills.
* Worked with medium/small fabrication/engineering businesses.
* Extensive draughting experience using, Tekla, Autocad and/or Strucad
* Ability to provide clear and concise drawings for the build team.
* A comprehensive knowledge of construction materials, their properties and uses.
* Knowledge of computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
* On offer is an hourly rate up to £20/hour DOE.
* Home working / Hybrid working an option
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.