£23.00 per hour
Immediate start - 3 month assignment
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Manager in accordance with the National Minimum Standards for children's homes to establish and promote the home's aims and objectives, as specified in the Statement of Purpose. You will be required to cover for the Registered Manager in their absence.
Responsibilities of the role:
* To manage, organise and administer the home in accordance with Children's services procedures/guidelines and all appropriate legislation.
* To be responsible for the deployment, supervision and training of staff in the home.
* To communicate and liaise with members of the immediate community, outside agencies (including Ofsted), colleagues and visitors as required.
* To identify and assess individual children and young people's social, emotional, educational, occupational, recreational and cultural needs.
* To formulate plans and assist in enabling the educational and young people to take an active part in the community, including participation in social and intellectual activities.
* To manage and maintain Health and Safety standards within the home.
* To ensure the implementation of National Minimum Standards for children's homes within the home.
* To ensure that action plans arising from Ofsted inspections are written within the given timescales and fully implemented.
* To work in partnership with colleagues within the service and with external agencies, to ensure plans for children are implemented
To be considered for this role you must have:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Social work qualification and level 4/5 management qualification.
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age