Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Search Consultancy is recruiting a Deputy IT Manager for a leading financial organisation in Greater Manchester. Our client who has offices across the UK has seen pronominal growth over the last year and is now looking to support this growth across the business by enhancing their IT offering.
The Deputy IT Manager will deputise for the IT Manager and manage the IT helpdesk service and the senior technical support function as well as being responsible for the development of reports for the IT Manager on helpdesk management information, system status, performance and security status of systems.
The Deputy IT Manager will have strong skills and proven experience in the following areas.
* 2/3rd line support in a multi-site environment
* Good knowledge of firewall configuration and management
* Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 server, Windows 10 desktop, GPO, DNS, DHCP hands on experience
* VMware administration and configuration
* Windows 2012 / 2016 Server and Windows 10 desktop systems, build and deployment
* Firewall administration, VPN, network switch configuration and support
* Experience of and complying with GDPR and Data Protection regulations
* Experience in Business Continuity planning and testing
* Proven experience of managing IT projects using a formal project methodology
* Experience of IT Governance Procedures
The Deputy IT Manager will be responsible for the following areas of I.T within the business.
* Experience of managing and supporting an IT infrastructure, as well as managing, developing and motivating IT staff
* Act as the 2nd and 3rd Line support for IT support queries
* Oversee the Active Directory and Office 365 environments
* Monitor and manage the IT helpdesk to ensure all 2nd / 3rd line support issues are rectified quickly and efficiently
* Assist in the delivery of the business continuity plan of the organisation
* Assist the IT Manager in the successful delivery of IT projects and take ownership of assigned projects and ensure the successful delivery of them within timescales and budget
* Contribute to the development of robust IT processes to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to both internal and external customers
* Support the IT Manager in the development of system documentations
* Development and implementation of Cyber Security best practice across the business
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who are committed to collaborative working in an environment where personal and professional development is genuinely valued. If this role sounds like it could be the ideal position for your next career move, please send through your details to Simon Creber, 0161 835 8686.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.