We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join our team in the Aberdeen area. This person will ensure the efficient operational performance of the Centre and be responsible for the effective leadership and development of the nursing and support worker team.
The facility is a 16 bedded residential/rehabilitation service providing specialist expertise to individuals who have suffered a serious incident such as a spinal injury, stroke or brain injury.
Key responsibilities of the post holder will include
- Providing management support to the Registered Manager
- Implementing care plans using a person centred approach and ensuring that they are updated regularly
- Working closely with families and external agencies
- Ensuring that the health and safety of the residents and staff are adhered to
- Ensuring that staff members adhere to policies and procedures
- Recruitment of staff
- Carrying out staff supervision and disciplinary hearings
- Ensuring that all registered nursing staff adhere to the NMC Code of Practice and professional codes of conduct full driving licence is a requirement for this position.
- The candidate must be a registered nurse with extensive management experience in care homes, skilled in managing challenges, tracheostomy and peg experience.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Nurse with 5 years post registration experience and will possess strong leadership skills, preferably with at least 2 years' clinical management experience. An up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation and standards of practice is essential along with good IT skills and the ability to communicate on all levels.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.