Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£22000.00 - £24000 per annum
Debt Recovery Specialist
Edinburgh - Gyle
We are recruiting for one of the largest water retailers in the UK due to growth are looking for new talented 3rd Party Controller with strong communication skills, who love solving problems and have strong attention to detail to join the business at this exiting time!
Based in Edinburgh, The Credit Management 3rd Party Controller is responsible for improving collections performance, maximising cash-flow, reducing bad debt costs, and delivering an improved, consistent service for customers.
* Effectively manage a portfolio of customer accounts referred to third party Agencies for either Disconnection, DCA, Vacant Temp Transfer, Legal or Liquidation activity
* Prepare for and lead review meetings on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly basis to improve supplier's performance and identify process improvements (face to face or via tele-conference)
* Provide a commercial view to the CM Management Team on cases and settlement offers with a view to reducing reputational risk and financial exposure whilst achieving a win/win for the business and customers
* Reconcile the volume and value of accounts escalated to our external partners with internal systems investigating any discrepancies
* Ensure invoices are validated and approved within agreed payment terms.
* Responsible for all weekly and monthly tasks to manage the 3rd Parties process including creation of new business files, processing financial updates, validation of invoices and escalation of returned accounts to appropriate next stage of recovery
* Complete, in conjunction with Team Manager, annual audits of our partners ensuring any issues are resolved and escalating where required
* Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) related to 3rd Party management
* Manage queries and escalations from Collections Administration Support regarding the debt recovery processes and procedures
* Support the Team Manager with coaching, training, and development of colleagues on the debt recovery and management policies and processes, as required
* Support the identification and implementation of process improvements
* Complete credit management processes to the required standard, adhering to policy and procedures as well as statutory and regulatory regulations
* Support ad hoc projects and initiatives as required
* Ensure strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Stakeholder management
* Strong verbal and written communication
* Strong time management and organisational skills
* Detail oriented with excellent research and analytical skills
* Keen learner
* Experience working in B2B credit management or debt recovery would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
* Start date - ASAP
* Based Lochside View, Edinburgh (ON SITE) - Hybrid working once fully trained
* Salary - £22,000
* Full time, 37 hours per week - Monday to Friday
* Hours of work - shifts between the hours of 9.00 and 5.30pm
* Full training is provided
* Host of great benefits - Edibility for up to 20% discretionary annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave and 6 Bank Holidays.
Please apply today with your most up to date CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.