Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£15 - £20 per hour
Search Consultancy is working with a Charity in London to recruit a Day Centre Coordinator on a temporary basis.
Salary between £14 and £20 an hour depending on experience
A brilliant new role for either an experienced Day Centre Coordinator (Manager) or a Deputy who is looking to step up to the role! This is an exciting period where my client is growing and introducing new services to help older people, people with dementia and people with disabilities in a day centre.
Some of the Main duties and responsibilities:
* Be responsible for the delivery and day to day leadership and management of the Day Centre Service.
* Be an active and enthusiastic member of the SLT at AUKW and support the CEO in order to deliver a successful and creative Day Centre Service.
* Deputise for the CEO at the Day Centre, as required.
* Manage referrals from Wandsworth Council and visit clients in their homes, as necessary.
* Liaise with the designated Wandsworth Council social care staff who will be making the initial referrals.
* Line manage and strategically deploy a team of support workers. Recruit and interview new staff, as the Service grows and develops, and then facilitate induction and ongoing training plans to respond to the developing needs within the Service and the individual training needs of the staff.
* Log daily and weekly places in the Day Care Service to meet funding KPIs.
* Log, respond to and manage any compliments and complaints about the Service.
* Keep client profiles and record the hours attended and types of activities provided for each client. Monitor and analyse this element of the Service for reporting to the CEO and funder.
* Organise transport for clients to and from the Day Centre.
* Liaise and share necessary records with the CEO and Business and Finance Lead to ensure accurate invoicing for the Service.
* Work with the Outreach Coordinator to organise group activities in communal spaces.
* Arrange employability events that will provide opportunities and maximise the skills and experience of clients and their carers.
* Work with the Chef and CEO to ensure that there is a balanced, healthy and varied lunch menu that reflects the needs and wishes of the clients, whilst meeting budgetary requirements and minimising food wastage.
* Oversee and audit safe storage and administration of client medication.
What we can offer:
* A warm welcome from our small and friendly team of staff and volunteers and our hypo-allergenic office dog.
* A busy work place where no day is ever the same and the opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of older people in Wandsworth.
* The opportunity for an organised, experienced and energetic person to shape this exciting, new role and help the CEO create "a day centre with a difference" in Wandsworth.
* An experienced staff and trustee leadership team who believe in the value of personal and professional development.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing a high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age