Are you highly skilled in using excel to advanced level and understand database structure? Do you have experience in researching and gathering data for reports? Then this could be an exciting opportunity!
A very reputable Office Supplies Company in Dalkeith are looking for a Database Analyst who will work closely with marketing, sourcing, supply chain and other teams to support product launch deadlines and support with data gathering and input to progress the current system.
This role requires, pace accuracy and an analytical work method! You will be working with a very supportive specialist IT team who will provide on job training and you will be expected to have a good working knowledge of databases to hit the ground running!
You will work Monday-Friday 9am-5pm 35 hours with 1 hour for lunch.
Your day would involve…..
* Creation of product master data in line with Marketing requirements
* From text, numerical data, and information supplied, analyse, verify in preparation for data entry
* Work closely with marketing, sourcing, supply chain and other teams to support product launch deadlines
* Verification of data and correction where necessary
* Implementation of accurate and consistent product set up processes
* Enter data using relevant format into product database
Scan or link documents into document management systems or database if required
* Product master data analysis as and when required
* Link to sales data analysis as and when required
* Develop reports in line with queries to analyse data to solve inquiries or identify opportunities
* Manage database parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
* Partner with Marketing, Planning and Sourcing to create product eligibility rules, control access permissions and privileges
* Maintain data standards, including adherence to all relevant current regulatory legislation
* Work closely with IT to monitor performance and troubleshoot integration issues between business systems
* Comply with data integrity and security policies
* To maintain a procedures manual and develop updates to standard operating procedures for the product database
* Publish the information in the form of specs to relevant departments during the NPD Process
You will have:
* Quick and accurate keying of data.
* Microsoft Excel intermediate to advanced level
* Ideally, understanding of database structures
* Experience in ERP/MRP systems would be advantageous although is not essential, training will be given
* Experience in SQL systems would be advantageous although is not essential
* Ability to organise and present information into simple and user friendly formats
* Good work ethic and personable skills
* Exceptional communication skills
Salary for this position will be dependant on experience
If you feel this is the perfect role for you, then please apply today with an up to date CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.