An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Research Scientist to join a growing pharmaceutical company in Aberdeen, Scotland.
The successful candidate will provide scientific expertise across the different teams focused on drug discovery using the proprietary platform to identify and characterize candidate LPBs for different therapeutic areas. The role will require proven expertise in the analysis of high-throughput datasets and integrative analysis using computational/statistical platforms such as R/bioconductor, Unix and Python.
Experience / Qualifications Required
- A PhD in Bioinformatics or an MSc/BSc in Bioinformatics/Genetics/Biology or similar with relevant experience in bioinformatics analysis.
- Experience with the analysis of phenotypical and/or multi-omics datasets and integrative analysis of diverse datasets from different platforms.
- A track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement.
- Experience with computational/statistical languages such as but not limited to R/bioconductor, Python and Bash shell-scripting experience (Unix).
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, to develop and apply computational solutions to biological questions.
- Proven ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team and contribute in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to thoroughly document and effectively present scientific data
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive renumeration package.
Vacancy Opening Date: 23 December 2019
Closing Date: 22 January 2020
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.