Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Position: Data Protection Officer
Location: Our Edinburgh office. However, we also welcome applicants who are interested in home and / or flexible working.
Duration: Full time and part-time applicants considered
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 (full time), depending upon qualifications and experience
Our client provides DPO services to organisations which subcontract their DPO obligations and / or data protection compliance requirements to them.
The ideal candidate will have up to date professional experience as a DPO, or will have relevant data protection knowledge or information governance. The candidate will be proficient in regards to their knowledge of UK data protection legislation.
There may be rare occasions where you will have to meet clients face to face (predominantly in Scotland, but also UK wide) however most of the client's services are delivered remotely.
* Working on data protection compliance audits
* Fulfilling the statutory role of a DPO in accordance with legal requirements
* Counselling managers and staff regarding data protection matters
* Overseeing and observing compliance of data protection laws
* Keeping relevant policies up to date as well as developing them. Updating/developing procedures and documentation
* Data Mapping and developing/maintaining a Record of Data Processing Activities
* Developing and managing customer relationships.
Skills, Competences and Qualifications required:
* Educated to degree level and / or nationally / internationally recognised qualifications in data protection law / compliance
* Professional knowledge and practical experience of UK data protection legislation
* Strong analytical and judgement skills
* Ability to plan, systematise and arrange tasks and projects, including the ability to manage your own workload (with support from colleagues as required)
* Excellent oral and written skills
* The ability to travel throughout the UK, occasionally including short overnight periods away from home.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.