Full-time opportunity (40hrs)
Shift work (midday - early hours)
We're currently working with a successful company who are looking to recruit an experienced Customs Clerk in Liverpool to assist with a new and exciting project. The primary purpose of the role is to help with the administrative aspect of Import/Export customs.
There is a competitive salary between £20,000 - £25,000 attached to this job, and some attractive company benefits too. The Customs Clerk role in Liverpool is a full-time, permanent position. The customs role will cover shifts beginning at midday and running through the night.
If you had been working for this company as a Customs Clerk last week, you would have:
● Planned general customs activity
● Processed import and export clearances
● Inputted data into in-house systems, and analysed data queries
● Obtained relevant custom documentation and produced reports
You will be working as part of a team, so you must have confident communication skills and a positive attitude. The successful candidate will be a customs officer with a solid understanding of customs, including the latest rules and regulations applying to customs clearance services. Knowledge of current customs-related software is highly desirable, too.
To apply for this Customs Clerk role, you will need:
● At least three years' experience in a similar role
● Experience handling HMRC & Revenue .IE via either CHIEF, NES, Microsoft packages and other in-house systems
● Experience and knowledge of tariff codes
● A manner when confident liaising with clients and team members
● Knowledge of the shipping/logistics sector
To find out more about this Customs Clerk job in Liverpool, and to apply for the role, contact us today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.