As a Customer Service Administrator (Freight Forwarder) you will be responsible for the following:
* Handling all aspects of shipping freight forwarding movements, both Import, Export by Sea, Air and Land
* Liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure all needs are met within the specified delivery time.
* Creating customs declarations in line with HMRC and current legislation
* Responsible for monitoring progress and keeping the customer advised of the status of their shipments
* Deal with all office administrative tasks
* Attend cargo vessels at local ports.
Due to the nature of the role you would be expected to hit the ground running with minimum supervision. To be considered for this role you must also demonstrate the following characteristics
* Customer focused
* Can prioritise your work
* A quick Learner
* Ability to absorb information
* Responsible for own actions
* Excellent attention to detail
* Positive Attitude
* Always looking to learn
* A Full Driving License is preferred
* Familiar with Microsoft outlook and Excel.
This vacancy pays the national living wage however it can be negotiable DOE. The operating hours are Mon- Fri, 9am - 5pm although you may be required to do overtime as and when necessary.
If you are looking to start out in an administrative role or are coming back from a career break then this could be just for you. Interviews will be taking place at short notice with an immediate start if successful.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.