Laboratory Customer Co-ordinator
My client, a fast-paced contract testing organisation in Portadown, Armagh are recruiting for a Customer Co-ordinator to act as the customer co-ordinator between Northern Ireland customers and the testing laboratories undertaking food quality and safety testing on behalf of those customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Customer Co-ordinator:
* Working closely and ensuring co-ordination between other internal support teams such as Business Development, Operations and Customer Services to highlight any risks
* Logging and Recording
o Daily update and maintenance of various internal spreadsheets.
o Daily / weekly update calls to customers.
o Weekly spreadsheet update of testing status to customers.
o Entering all samples onto LIMS system
* Sample Preparation
o The manual preparation of sample labels depicting the tests to be carried out for each sample.
o Photographing of 'vulnerable' samples, e.g. ice cream, trifle, etc. prior to shipment.
o Preparation (sub sampling) of samples for other Concept sites and subcontractors for testing.
o Collection and packaging of samples ready for transportation to other Concept Life Sciences sites or other sub contract laboratories.
o Delivery of microbiology samples to the subcontractor laboratory.
o Co-ordination of sample testing between the Concept laboratories and sub-contractors.
o Correct disposal of waste samples.
* Reporting and entering microbiology results onto customer reports
* Maintaining quality systems
* A BSc or equivalent in a scientific or food related subject
* Good overall knowledge of food safety and quality testing.
* Good knowledge and experience of microbiology and chemistry testing in food.
* Good customer service skills.
* Experience within a fast paced and highly client focused environment.
* Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced environment.
PLEASE NOTE: A full clean driving licence is essential as travel will be required in Northern Ireland to different customer locations.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.