C&I Electric Meter Engineer
£29,000 - £33,500 depending on experience
26 days holiday plus BH's
Full time contract
Experienced Electric Meter Engineer up to CT level (LV and or HV) to join a highly reputable Meter Operations Company
You will be based from your home address and will have the support of a well-established team of field management and office professionals who pride themselves on their high levels of service and support to both commercial customers and colleagues in the field. You will truly be recognised for your efforts and contribution as well as enjoy the atmosphere of being part of a genuinely friendly company that cares about all of its employees.
Your main function will be to work on metering and sub metering roles as well as other technical installation projects as required. This is an agency based role, offering a good basic salary plus excellent career prospects as well as all of the tools and equipment required to carry out the job. You will enjoy working mainly Monday to Friday between 8am-5.pm, although to meet the needs of our customers at times you may need to work outside of this.
You must be prepared to work in all weathers, and in sometimes difficult or dirty conditions as some metering equipment can be based in areas such as basements or outside. A reasonable level of physical fitness and manual dexterity is also required to undertake regular manual handling.
* Carry out complete installations and replacements of single phase and 3 phase CT meters.
* Carry out complete installations and replacements of single phase and 3 phase WC meters..
Skills and Experience required:
* Prior experience of complex metering installations and setups
* Proactive time management and the ability to progress appointments through to successful completions
* Be familiar with industry standard meter types (EDMI, Elster, ISKRA etc) and their software.
* Familiarity with various metering modems is required
* Good IT and MS Office skills.
* Sound electrical background, relevant to the installation of Code of Practice 2, 3, 5 and 10 Smart Metering and knowledge of CT's and meter cabinets.
The following qualification and certification are required:
City & Guilds 236 qualification or equivalent. (Electrical or Electronic).
MOCOPA Authorization to LV/HVCT
For more information please call Peter Davies-White on 0161 835 8683 or email Peter.Davies-White@Search.co.uk
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age