I am currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join a well-established manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Leeds.
Salary: up to £21k
Hours: 9:00 - 5:30
25 days + bank holidays
Company pension scheme
Automatic enrolment into a health scheme
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To liaise with all necessary internal departments for all three trading divisions to reconcile / collect outstanding monies against invoices and debits levied against the companies clients.
* To contact customers for payment where the credit limit is exceeded and actively monitor risk against held orders. Review accounts within the potholders' responsibility and submit credit limit change forms where necessary to either align credit limits to current exposures or reduce exposure levels where accounts are flagged for concern / closer monitoring
* To obtain settlement of all due and overdue invoices and repayment from customers of all unjustified debit notes and customer invoices submitted against any of the clients companies. Follow up on missing remittance advices, reconcile unallocated payments and ensure all live transactions are an accurate view of customer accounts and ageing for report purposes
* To investigate all invoice queries and raise the necessary credit request documentation to clear justified debit notes and customer invoices queries. To maintain accurate records on category and status of debit note and invoice query investigations both on mainframe systems and in customer files
* To provide weekly / monthly updates to the Credit Manager against the debt reduction targets, cash targets and general progress made against debt clearance and other performance measures agreed with the line manager
Education & Experience:
* 2 years experience
* Education level (Degree, Quals)
* Methodical and organised
* Good negotiation and inter-personal skills
* Good Excel skills
* Target driven
* Ability to work without close supervision
* Possess commercial awareness
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.