Job Title: Credit Controller
Reports to: Credit Control Team Leader
Working Pattern: 9:00am - 5:30pm
* Ensure invoice debts are collected in a timely manner
* Hold regular meetings with partners and clients to ensure all relevant debts are chased as necessary
* Following up overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed time scales
* Maintaining accurate notes on the credit control database which is used to keep a record of outstanding invoices and may be used to manage the scheduling of payment chasing
* Dealing with queries from case handlers, clients and other members of the Finance Department. Daily communication with cashiers and billing assistants.
* Establish working relationships with the partners in dealing with outstanding debts.
* The Credit Controller will also need to use Elite to make general invoice enquiries. A working knowledge of Excel and Elite Enterprise is necessary for ad hoc queries and providing schedules to clients
* Cash collection and debtor day targets are agreed each month for each practice area of the firm, and debtor ageing levels are monitored. Regular team meetings with the Senior Credit Controller are used to establish the most appropriate approach for chasing outstanding debts in the forthcoming period
* The role requires a methodical approach to ensure all relevant debts are chased but the successful candidate will also need to be convincing and persuasive when communicating with clients and partners
* All duties necessary to support the management of outstanding client debts in line with agreed targets
* Credit Control experience, preferably within a law firm.
* Ability to communicate at a senior level
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to establish & maintain excellent relationships with both internal & external clients
* Ability to negotiate at a senior level and to influence towards a positive outcome for the Firm
* Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively and accurately, even when under pressure
* Ability to assist in promoting the role & importance of the Credit Control team within the Firm
* Ability to manage & prioritise an extensive caseload, while also meeting other ad hoc objectives
* Ability to recognise potential risks to the Firm that should be escalated
* A working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is required
* A working knowledge of 3E, Elite Collections (or similar) would be preferable.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.