Our client, a leading Legal 500 law firm, are seeking a 5+ PQE Associate to join their team in London on a permanent basis.
The UK insurance market is one of the largest globally and remains central to financial services in London. Understanding the insurance industry inside out is what makes this Corporate Insurance practice a global leader and tier-one ranked in the UK. Lawyers at this firm have sole specialisations in the insurance industry meaning they truly understand the capital, operational and regulatory issues faced by brokers and underwriters.
As long-standing specialists in these markers, Lawyers advise clients at every stage of their development helping them to raise capital to start or grow their business, managing the issues around regulation, commercial operations or overseas developments, helping with acquisitions or disposals and, should the need arise, helping the business to close their books and manage the resulting legacy.
The typical client base includes underwriters and brokers in life, property and casualty sectors (both retail and wholesale) which is a mixture of international and UK based clientele. Genuine multi-jurisdictional capability paired with depth of resource separates our client from competitors in the Corporate Insurance space.
- Working as part of the Corporate Insurance Transactional team
- Assisting with a range of transactions, ranging from large M&A and joint ventures for insurance industry clients
- Insurance business transfers, national and international distribution agreements, reinsurance transactions, renewal rights transfers as well as insurance regulatory advise
Essential Skills & Experience
- Mid / Senior level Associates - 5+ PQE (PQE level is a guide and all suitable candidates will be considered!)
- Corporate experience gained at a leading UK or international law firm
- M&A transactional experience
- Corporate insurance is desirable but not essential as full assistance will be provided
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.