Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Legal Secretary - Guildford - £34 (doe) - Perm- Hybrid working available
An excellent opportunity has arisen within one of the UK's most successful law firms, for a legal secretary to join their corporate team. You will provide a first class professional support service, resulting in the overall team operating smoothly and efficiently. This is a chance to join the "Law firm of the year" (Independents) at The Lawyer Awards 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Diary management, meeting arrangements and general support to six Corporate partners, as a team of four secretaris as well as the wider team when required.
* Act as the point of contact for clients in the Partner's absence, as required, and liaise with them on an ad-hoc basis, as requested by the Partner
* Assist in answering telephone calls promptly at all times
* Support the billing process e.g. ensuring that the bill is sent within agreed time, answering simple client queries and liaising internally and progressing necessary follow-ups throughout the billing process
* Organise and support all travel arrangements
* Support with internal projects relating to the team, or operational matters, as required
Document management/document production
* Provide a comprehensive and timely word processing service for the creation and amendment of documents using Word, Excel, Workshare, BigHand and other relevant technology, such as PowerPoint and Laserforms.
* Ensuring documents returned to the lawyers accurately reflect the original request before returning work. This will include proof reading the document, checking spelling, grammar, sense, amendments and presentation.
* Prepare, collate and index legal documents.
* File management
* Undertake photocopying/scanning of confidential documentation
* Manage team emails and carry out management of e-post and correspondence (internal and external), including drafting replies to routine correspondence when required
Qualifications and Experience
* A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and maths GCSE at Grade C and above
* Intermediate knowledge of Outlook and Word
* Intermediate formatting skills
* Intermediate knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
* Good numerical skills
* Excellent English and grammar
* Proven ability to learn new IT systems, internal processes and procedures
* Proven experience of working as a secretary within the legal environment, with knowledge of legal proceedings and documentation
* Proven experience implementing and utilising a robust follow-up system in relation to client billings
* Resilient and calm with a confident and professional demeanour
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential
* Proven ability to demonstrate effective time management skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload appropriately
* Proactive and self-motivated, demonstrating the ability to use initiative
* Proven ability to be a team player
* Proven ability to build a positive rapport with clients and other employees
* Excellent organisation and administration skills
* Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
* Flexible work ethic to meet the Firm's requirements
* Competitive base salary
* Pension Scheme (5% employer contribution)
* Private medical insurance
* Permanent health insurance
* Life assurance
* Excellent opportunities for progression with full support
* Travel - option to apply for an interest free loan for a season ticket or parking permit
* Enhanced maternity/paternity pay (after sufficient service)
* Comprehensive flexible benefits package including:
o Critical illness insurance
o Buy/Sell holiday scheme
o Dental insurance
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.